In 2006 MIC arranged, as Lead partner, the project Cross-border INTERREG – Ceramic Adriatic System (SCA) – New Adriatic area Program which involved numerous partners for a new scientific approach and method of knowledge and conservation of the great world of ceramics.
Active participants in the project, which lasted a total of 21 months, from 2006 to 2008 were
- International Museum of Ceramics in Faenza
- University Cà Foscari in Venezia – Archaeology Department,
- University in Ferrara – Economics department
- State office for the Historical, Artistic and Ethno-anthropological Heritage of Bologna
- Institute of Cultural heritage of Emilia Romagna
- Ravenna Province
- Grottaglie Museum
- Museum of applied Arts in Belgrade (Serbia)
- Museum of Arts and Crafts in Zagrb (Croazia)
- Fine Arts Academy – Figurative Arts University Tirana (Albania)
The point of arrival of the project was therefore to deliver, in addition to a research contest, a useful tool for the valorisation of these ceramic products, which are the most exposed to urban and environmental degradation.